Profound void in our hearts



Comments

  1. Dear ICG team, friends and colleagues, dear family of Jeanette,

    It was with great sadness that I learned of Jeanette's passing. I still cannot believe and understand that she is no longer with us. Jeanette was not only an outstanding scientist, but also a great-hearted, wonderful person with a very strong sense of justice.
    For me personally, she was a great doctoral mom and a friend. She had a lasting impact on me and everyone around her and brought so many of us together. I can't even count the number of great people I have had the pleasure of meeting through Jeanette and the number of friends I have made along the way as well.
    My thoughts are with you at the Institute, I can hardly imagine how great your grief must be and how big the gap Jeanette leaves behind.
    In particular, though, my sympathies go out to Jeanette's family and all of her loved ones during this difficult time.
    I was lucky to know her and that we never lost contact, even if I wish it would have been even closer.
    None of us will ever forget Jeanette and the legacy she left in all of us will live on.

    With great love and gratefulness

    Benedikt

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are deeply saddened to hear about the passing of Jeanette. Her guidance, mentorship and expertise were invaluable to us during our time at the ICG and beyond, and her legacy will continue to inspire future generations of researchers. May her soul rest in peace, and may her family find comfort in this dark time.

    With all our love,
    Krishan & Svenja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Family and Friends of Jeanette,

    My deepest condolences on our shared loss. No words can describe the pain of Jeanette's demise. I am honored to have known such an amazing human, an inspirational Mentor and an exceptional role model. May her soul rest in peace.

    With much love and warm regards,
    Noor

    ReplyDelete
  4. To her family and friends, and to all the members of the ICG, please accept my condolences. I am truly heartbroken by the news but also thankful that we got to celebrate the 15 year lab anniversary with her a few weeks ago. Jeanette was a brilliant scientist and despite her success, the most humble person that I have been blessed to join a bit of my journey with. I was lucky to have her both as a mentor and a friend for almost two decades. I first met Jeanette during my masters thesis, and I was instantly impressed by her knowledge, taken by her enthusiasm and passion, and charmed by her humble, friendly and joyful personality. Maybe that is why this sad news is particularly hard to accept. I can’t imagine what her family is going through right now, but my thoughts are with you. And my thoughts also go out to all the ICG members, who feel her absence maybe the most these days. Again, please accept my condolences. Life has never been fair, and now it feels even a bit more off than usual.

    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear ICG team, friends and family of Jeanette,
    I share your deep sorrow and would like to express my condolences.
    Jeanette was a wonderful mentor to me and encouraged, supported and guided me at various important moments in my career. For that, I am incredibly grateful to her.

    With much respect and love,
    Undine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear family of Jeanette,

    I was deeply saddened to hear about the passing of Professor Jeanette Erdmann. Please accept my heartfelt condolences during this difficult time. I had the privilege of knowing her as my professor and leader during my time at the Institute for Cardiogenetics in Lübeck, where I pursued my PhD under her guidance.

    Jeanette was not only an eminent geneticist but also an extraordinary human being. Her authenticity, kindness, and unbiased nature made her an exceptional leader and professor. I will forever cherish the memories of her unwavering support and encouragement throughout my academic journey. Her dedication to her work and her commitment to nurturing young minds like mine have left an indelible mark on all who had the fortune to know her.

    Even in the face of declining health, she remained resolute and continued to lead the institute, inspiring us all with her strength and determination. Her passing has left a profound void in the academic and scientific community, and it feels like she was taken from us much too soon.

    During these challenging times, I hope you find solace in the knowledge that Professor Erdmann's legacy will live on through the countless lives she touched, including mine. Her impact on the field of genetics and the lives she transformed through her teachings will endure for generations to come.

    Once again, please accept my deepest sympathies. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the entire institute during this period of mourning.

    With heartfelt condolences,

    Matthias Munz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment