Can "Genetics" help to combat cardiovascular diseases?

On Monday I was invited to Berlin by Prof. Schmidtke - member of our parliament - to answer the question: Can "Genetics" help to combat cardiovascular diseases? 

For me it was the very first time to present so close to our "Machtzentrum". 
I was very impressed by the building itself - the so-called "Paul-Loebe-Haus". I was told that this building is called internally the "steam machine of our democrazy".


The presentation went well and the discussions afterwards were very informative. I guess that my answer to the question "YES" was well understood.

Over the next months we will now work on a document adressed to our government to strengthen cardiovascular research in Germany.


Here are some more pics summarizing my visit in Berlin.

JE



Comments