The year 2018 is coming to its end, and it feels almost like a must to reflect what happened over the past 12 months. What was good, what was bad?
On the positive side:
- quite a substantial number of interesting papers were published
- welcoming new colleagues (downside: saying good-bye to Sabine and Matthias)
- positive funding decisions (PlaqOmics, ExC PMI)
- novel collaborations
- graduating Bachelors, Masters, and PhDs (Congratulations!)
- award-winning members (Krishan, Svenja)
- successful organization of well-received meetings
- and a lot of highly exciting projects we will finish in 2019 (maybe the best thing)
However, I know we've had some unpleasant experience, too. I hope we will overcome this unfortunate situation rather soon and can focus on finalizing the respective projects. Here it is important to "Don´t look back in anger".
I´m deeply thankful to two members of our team for standing strong.
I wish to thank all team members (current and alumnis) for their loyalty and commitment. Thanks a lot!
All the best for 2019! Looking forward to a hopefully successful year.