Takk

I almost can’t believe that I am now writing this blog. Having been at the IIEG from the start, it feels strange that soon I will no longer have this affiliation. I am glad that this transition is gradually; our next papers, currently under review, are giving me some time to adjust.



Working at the IIEG has been a great experience, I have learned so much and I will always be thankful for the support and trust that I was given over the years. I have met so many wonderful people and, besides work, we have had so much fun. Thank you for supporting me with helpful comments in our status seminary; the validation of the many variants we identified; the good advise in the coffee break; the almost on-topic discussions over lunch. Thank you for the motivating chats on the floor and the frustration management during squash. Thank you for all the “put the kettle on” for my morning tee; the cake Mondays at 11; the beers at the TGIF (or TGIT/TGIW/TGIM); the “reserving me a seat” while I quickly run to the bathroom; the too early morning coffee in the taxi at 5 am; the “good morning”/ “have a wonderful evening” that comes straight from the heart; and the hugs when nothing else helps.

Thank you Jeanette for letting me be part of the IIEG, for letting me represent the integrative group of our institute at all the meetings and conferences. Thank you for your support, your trust, your guidance and your open door. Thank you for the colorful donuts, the hot Glühwein and the delicious Pizza. Thank you for our many scientific discussion and also the many non-scientific discussions. And thank you for believing in me.


Last but not the very least, thank you Benedikt and Mariana! Thank you for being the most amazing group I will ever be „supervising“. We have had so much fun and I have probably learned more from you than you from me. The last years would not have been half as successful or half as fun without you. Thank you for the crazy, nerdy, wonderful Genomatics.

Comments