From Friday to Tuesday we attended the meeting of the European Society of Human Genetics (ESHG) in Milan. Some days ago, we blogged about our first experience as Charity models. Today, safe back home in Lübeck, we just wanted to give you a short summary of the meeting.
We could summarise by just writing:
Or we could write our top 5 of the meeting:
1. Great talks about NGS technologies and new strategies
2. Learning from other groups experience using NGS approaches
3. Surprising talks about population genomics (Especially the talks of Simon Myers and Nicole Soranzo)
(We are really looking forward take a look at the data when it's published)
4. Great workshops of Ensembl and UCSC
5. Great food. We love the Italian kitchen
c) Ice cream (lots of ice cream)
During our lunch break, we had some time for sight-seeing. Milan is really a really lovely city. The "Duomo" (cathedral) ist breath taking.
The "Galleria" (Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II) is also really impressive, although we could not afford to buy anything there. We did however discuss whether the IIEG should have institute bags from Louis Vuitton.
We had a great time and look forward to the next ESHG meeting.
The genomatics group
BR and IB