Short visit in Bonn

Almost 17 years ago I left the Institute of Human Genetics in Bonn as a young PhD to start my first PostDoc position in the field of cardiovascular genetics at the Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin (DHZB).

Yesterday I was invited to give a talk about "common and rare variants in myocardial infarction" at the LIfe & Brain Center in Bonn. This was a great opportunity to meet old friends and colleagues. Some of them I haven't met 17 years!


In the evening we had an exquisite dinner at a local restaurant. But not only the food was really great. We had a very nice time with talking about the past and exchanging a lot of memories.


The next morning I had a beautiful view on the Siebengebirge.


Now, I'm heading back to Lübeck. Just waiting for my flight at 12:05 drinking a Latte Macchiatto at the "Cafetiero".

I had a great time in Bonn, hope to come back soon.
JE

Comments